Saturday 7 February 2015

Hot chick, steampunk style

A friend requested Steampunk cards for her 40th birthday. Even though I like the genre I hadn't exactly tried making stuff myself before but hey, there's a time for everything, right?

Steampunk might be the new steamy hot .. diverse and brilliantly victorian with a twist. Try googling it, or check out my pinterest page for some of my favorites. 

First of all an easy start using one of the excellent artwork from craftsuprint.com - they have lots and lots of designs and mini-kits from a huge number of talented people. Now this was originally veeeeeeery pink and my friend isn't exactly pinkish-fond so I had to turn it slightly more purple before printing.

Lilac card base, regular 12" cardstock folded in half, matted the design on black background paper and taped it in place. The actual design came with a verse, a choice of banners and various decoupage options which made it a cute easily-assembled card. 


Next up the actual birthday "card" - a steampunk hat..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you dropped by..